Capps Manufacturing, Inc.
Barney L. Capps, President and owner of Capps Manufacturing, Inc., started in the aircraft business in 1952. In 1962, he became Plant Manager of H & H Parts Co. and was heavily involved in the Learjet Model 23 program developing all tooling, production parts and assemblies for the engine nacelles, including static test, access doors, various small assemblies and detail parts. This relationship with Learjet continued through development of the 35, 36, and 55 models and continues today with the 45 and 60 model programs.
In 1983, Mr. Capps left H & H Parts Co. to run Capps Machine, Inc. now Capps Manufacturing, Inc. on a full time basis. This company has grown to a complete fabrication and assembly facility for aircraft products, manufacturing such items as tooling and components for the Boeing 737 sound suppressor, thrust reversers, winglets, door assemblies, detail sheetmetal parts and machined parts for most of the major aircraft
Capps Manufacturing, Inc. has the capability to manufacture most component parts for any assembly in house. This includes stretch formed skins, stretch formed shapes, hydro formed parts, brake formed parts, punch press stamping and forming, certified welding, machined parts aluminum heat treating, chemical processing (alodine, anodize, prime and paint) and non-destructive testing.