Kingston Flying Club
The Kingston Flying Club received its initial charter in 1929 becoming one of the founding and longest standing members of the Royal Canadian Flying Club Association. The Club conducts training for Commercial Pilot Licences, as well as Recreational Pilot Permits, Private Licences, Night, and Instrument Ratings.The Club has approximately 125 members who annually elect a Board of Directors to oversee the Club’s affairs while the day-to-day operations of the Club are managed by both volunteers and paid line crew.From its inception, the major objective of the Kingston Flying Club has been the advancement of aviation through flight training. Having trained WW II pilots through to current CF-18 pilots, the Club has distinguished itself as South-eastern Ontario’s premier commercial flight training centre for over 70 years.As a registered charity, all revenues are invested back into the Club. The Club presently operates a Cessna 172 single engine, 150 horsepower, 4-seat aircraft, and a Piper PA-30 Twin Comanche twin engine, 320 horsepower, 4-seat aircraft. This fleet represents the industry’s most preferred aircraft for aviation training due to their proven reliability, safe handling characteristics, and excellent safety record. Both aircraft are fully IFR equipped, with certified Garmin GNS 430W GPS systems, integrated GPS nav/comms, and WAAS augmentation.