Million Air, Rome
Griffiss was constructed back in 1942 as a supply depot for the Army Air Forces and was home for the 416th Bomb Wing flying B-52s and KC-135s until it was closed in 1996. Major aviation related tenants on the business park include multiple MRO's, Air Force Research Laboratory - Rome and the Eastern Air Defense Sector (ANG). In 2006, Oneida County airport moved from UCA to RME and in 2008 it was renamed Griffiss International Airport. RME has 11,800x200ft of runway with enough ramp space to handle B-747 size aircraft. Million Air-Rome took over FBO operations on 13 Oct 2008 from Oneida County and looks forward to serving Central New York patrons for many years to come.