NavCom Defense Electronics, Inc.
NavCom was incorporated in June 1932 as Mission Bell Radio. In December 1941, H. Leslie Hoffman purchased Mission Bell and renamed the company Hoffman Electronics Corporation. Hoffman continued as a major supplier of navigation and communication equipment to the U.S. Department of Defense until it was acquired by Gould Corporation in 1978 and became the NavCom Systems Division. As part of a planned restructuring program, Gould divested NavCom through a management buyout in November 1988.