Reelcraft Industries, Inc.
Reelcraft products began as the Equipment Corporation, in Delta, Ohio and supplied hose reels to distributors. On June 11, 1943, the assets of Equipment Corporation were acquired by the Wayne Pump Company and moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana. In the early 60’s, the company was acquired by Dresser Industries. In 1969, the company was sold by Dresser Industries to Mr. Richard Schaller and Mr. Stan Penn, Jr. It was after this change in ownership that the company was renamed Reelcraft Industries. In 1971, Reelcraft began manufacturing hose reels. Following Richard Schaller’s retirement in 1981, Stan Penn became the sole owner and president of Reelcraft Industries.
In 1991, Reelcraft purchased Nordic Systems, of Mississauga, Canada. Nordic Systems manufactured specialty large frame reels. In 2006, Nordic Systems was consolidated into Reelcraft’s Columbia City, Indiana facility and continued to manufacture large frame reels under the Reelcraft name.
Stan Penn passed away on January 2, 2004, and the ownership transferred to a corporate trust. On August 16, 2007, Reelcraft Industries, Inc. was acquired by LN Acquisition Corp. a Harbour Group company headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.