Spectron Glass & Electronics, Inc.
Spectron Glass & Electronics Inc, currently located in Hauppauge, New York on Long Island, was founded in 1947 as Spectron Glass Laboratories. Originally established as a neon sign manufacturer, the focus of the company rapidly changed direction. In 1948, under contract from the Sperry Gyroscope Co., Spectron started to build electrolytic tilt sensors. Realizing the vast potential of the sensor market, Spectron discontinued the neon sign business, and dedicated itself exclusively to the development and manufacture of electrolytic tilt sensors.